Saturday, February 8, 2014

TCEA 2014 Educator Awards – Technology Administrator of the Year

While I’m still in a state of disbelief, I was honored to be the recipient of the 2014 TCEA Technology Administrator of the Year Educator Award this past week. I had the great honor to share the stage with Scott Hagedorn (@scotthagedorn), Director of Technology at Hardin-Jefferson ISD, and Carl Shawn, Director of Technology at Northwest ISD.

As I listened to Scott and Carl’s nomination letters, I was amazed at what these two men have accomplished at their districts. Both of them have done a tremendous job in enhancing technology!

I am grateful to TCEA for their wonderful support of Texas educators who strive everyday to improve teaching, learning, and leading environments through the strategic application of technology in K-12.

In addition, I'm deeply grateful to my family and friends for their encouragement and support. I am also grateful to Del Valle ISD, especially Kathy Edgar (@tweetntechsan), for always taking the time to share her wisdom and expertise.

And lastly, I am grateful to my dear friend and colleague, Miguel Guhlin (@mguhlin), who always challenges me to go “above and beyond.” Furthermore, I am very appreciative of my Professional Learning Network (PLN), who I learn from everyday. Their willingness to share has been invaluable to me. A few of them are mentioned in this interview that Miguel recorded just days before the ceremony.

 
 

No comments: