Presenter: Monica Martinez, Director of Professional Development, TCEA
URL for session: https://sites.google.com/a/tcea.org/ieducate/
- Click on the link "Leading" in the menu
Managing and sustaining successful technology integration programs involves modeling uses of technologies for your staff. During this fast-paced session, we will share a wide array of online tools and apps that can support you in your role as a leader. Learn new strategies for improving your interpersonal communication skills, leadership strategies, and tips for helping your staff integrate technology.
By attending this session, you will be able answer these questions:
1. How can I effectively model technology use as a leader?
2. What are some of the tools that I can use that will support my role as a leader?
3. How can I help my staff integrate technology more effectively?
What is modeling?
- The process of creating abstract or conceptual model and the use of objects in the creation of a predictive statement
Cone of Learning
- Think about how you can model - stop printing handouts, use dropbox instead of email
- What are some ways you can model?
- Modeling is not teaching how to do something
- staff, committee, or department meeting
- professional development
- how you share your resources (printed handouts v. site)
- how you communicate with your audience (email v. blog)
- how you share your contact information (business card v. QR code)
- how people schedule meetings with you (call/email v. online booking tool)
- how do you present: always PowerPoint?
Tools for Modeling
- Wonderopolis - Contains videos, etc. - You can use this to open a presenation and model use of video in presentations - http://wonderopolis.org/
- TEDed - videos to enhance lessons - http://ed.ted.com/
- Let Me Google That For You - Let's you conduct the search and send the process - http://lmgtfy.com/ - Use this to demo how to search by search operators
- Drop Box - Let's you bring photos, files, vidoes together and share them -http://dropbox.com
- We transter.com - https://www.wetransfer.com/
- Send to dropbox.com - https://sendtodropbox.com/
- Poll Everywhere - builds polls; 40 responses per poll for free -http://www.polleverywhere.com/
- Easy Polls - free online poll - see results live - http://easypolls.net
- Doodle - web tool for setting up schedules by popular vote. No registration or set up is required. Works on devices with Internet and email access - http://www.doodle.com/
- Remind 101 - A safe way for teachers to text message students and stay in touch with parents for free - https://www.remind101.com/
Be sure to check Monica's website, https://sites.google.com/a/tcea.org/ieducate/, for more tools for modeling.